The Central Coast Wine Competition is the largest wine evaluation event that recognizes wines produced exclusively from vinifera grown on the Central Coast regions of California. This event promotes the excellent quality and diversity of commercial wineries and grape growers while recognizing the fastest growing wine regions in California.
Competition Director – Stacie Jacob/Solterra Strategies
Chief Judge – Tim McDonald
Goals and Objectives of the Central Coast Wine Competition
- To offer a venue for California Central Coast wines to be professionally judged.
- Provide information to wine consumers about the quality and style of wines that are currently being produced in the Central Coast area.
- Help with the exposure of unknown or unrecognized wineries to the wine consumer.
- Encourage competition between winemakers to improve quality practices throughout the wine regions of the Central Coast.
- Expand the general knowledge and awareness of accomplished wineries in the Central Coast regions.
- Provide an opportunity for the California Mid-State Fair, Contra Costa County Fair, Grand National Livestock Exposition, Horse Show and Rodeo, Monterey County Fair, San Benito County Fair and the Santa Barbara County Fair to recognize the presence of the wine industry as an integral agricultural component of the community.
- Exposure to professional judges includes wine retailers from prestigious retail chain stores throughout California, wine media professionals and restaurant buyers.
- Gold Medal Winners will be showcased at the California Mid-State Fair, Contra Costa County Fair, Grand National Livestock Exposition, Horse Show and Rodeo, Monterey County Fair, San Benito County Fair and the Santa Barbara County Fair. Other marketing opportunities will be offered to award winning wines, through industry partners and the individual fairs.
- Albertsons features medal winning wines at participating stores during fair promotions.
- Press releases of award winners to newspapers and magazines throughout the United States.
- Direct support from local restaurants and retailers on the Central Coast
The Central Coast Wine Competition is an independent event operated by six California fairs and is in no way related to or in conjunction with any wine trade organization.
“It is our mission to promote and recognize excellent quality wines from grapes grown within the Central Coast AVA, while encouraging professionally judged competition. We strive to educate wine consumers about the quality and styles that are currently being produced in the Central Coast area, while acknowledging the general public of accomplished wineries within these regions.”
To register, please visit: http://cmsfw.fairmanager.com.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!